Art Marketing Consultant, Career Coach, and Artist-Advocate
"Artists, by the fact they are artists, have power. Artists provide thousands of nonartists with jobs!. . . Yet more nonartists than artists make a living from art, and nonartists make more money from art than artists!" © Caroll Michels, How to Survive & Prosper as an Artist: Selling Yourself without Selling Your Soul
Caroll Michels is an art marketing consultant, career coach and artist-advocate. She works with artists who want to relaunch and sustain their careers, career changers, and those who are just beginning to enter the marketplace.
Michels helps artists:
● Find markets and audiences for their work,
● Become more visible and business savvy
● Develop local, regional, national and international art world connections.
● Develop presentation tools, including website planning and organization,
● Develop press relations, generating feature articles in newspapers, periodicals and online
● Develop strategies for obtaining exhibitions, commissions, and sales.
● Navigate through the seemingly mysterious and bewildering corridors of the art world.
● Resolve sensitive or intricate art-related business relationships and issues, including insights into leaving or changing galleries.
● Establish prices for artwork and help them understand the psychology of pricing.
● Sort out social media; what works – and what doesn’t.