Artist Career Consultations
MY CLIENTS INCLUDE:
ARTISTS WHO WANT TO RELAUNCH THEIR CAREERS -- OR ARE BEGINNING THEIR CAREERS
I assist with:
● Identifying appropriate art markets for the work you are doing
● Developing presentation tools.
● Establishing prices for artwork.
● Generating solo and group exhibition opportunities, commissions, and sales.
● Navigating through the seemingly mysterious corridors of the art world.
● Developing press relations, and generating news and feature articles in print and online.
● Working within the corporate art market.
● Artist website planning and organization.
MID-CAREER AND ESTABLISHED ARTISTS
I assist with career relaunching. This might include some of the above tasks – and
● Providing guidance on resolving sensitive or intricate art-related business relationships, including insights into leaving or changing galleries.
● Rethinking artwork prices.
● Gaining additional representation.
● Tweaking or reworking websites.
ARTISTS WITH SPECIAL CHALLENGES:
● I have a lot of experience working with artists who have dyslexia and/or ADHD
● I am certified in Florida and in Oregon to work with artists with physical challenges.
Phone Consultations for Artists
An initial consultation is prorated on the basis of $200 per hour. There is a minimum of 1/2 hour for the first consultation. After the initial consultation, phone consultations are prorated on the basis of $130 per hour. Cost-effective monthly tabs are available.
To arrange an initial phone consultation, please complete the registration form. If you do not have a website, send me examples of presentation materials. For example: résumé, photos of artwork, artist statement, price list. If you are sending the materials via snail mail and want the materials returned, please include a SASE. A deposit of $100 is also required.
I accept checks, Paypal, and credit cards (American Express, Mastercard, and Visa). Upon receipt of your materials, I will contact you to arrange a phone appointment.
In-person Consultations for Artists
An initial consultation is $225 for the first hour; $150 per hour thereafter. Initial in-person consultations usually last one hour, but they can be extended. Please bring presentation materials with you. Payment for the initial meeting is due in full the day of the first meeting. All in-person consultations are held in Sarasota, Florida.
PLEASE NOTE: Consultation deposits and all other payments for artists living outside of the U.S.A. must be made in U.S. dollars by credit card, or with an international money order or bank draft paid out to an American bank.