“With advice that ranges from how to prepare for studio visits
and effectively negotiate with art dealers to self-help strategies
for handling rejection – as well as success – Ms. Michels explodes
the romantic notion of the starving artist.”
Deidre Stein Greben, New York Times
Artist career consultations are for those who
want to begin or relaunch their careers and
mid-career and established artists. Artist career
consultation services include assistance with
identifying appropriate markets for your work;
developing presentation tools; establishing prices
for your work; using the corporate art market;
developing, tweaking or reworking websites;
insights into changing galleries; press relations,
and much more.
An initial phone consultation is prorated based on $200 per hour. There is a minimum of 1/2 hour for the first consultation.
A deposit of $100 is required. Request a registration form
After the initial consultation, phone consultations and email consultations are prorated based on $130 per hour. Cost-effective monthly tabs are available.
Credit cards: American Express, Mastercard, and Visa
ARTISTS WHO WANT TO BEGIN OR RELAUNCH THEIR CAREERS
Michels provides assistance with:
- Identifying appropriate art markets for your work.
- Developing presentation tools.
- Establishing prices for artwork.
- Generating solo and group exhibition opportunities, commissions, and sales.
- Navigating through the mysterious corridors of the art world.
- Developing press relations and generating news and feature articles in print and online.
- Using the corporate art market.
- Organizing and planning a fine art website.
MID-CAREER AND ESTABLISHED ARTISTS
Michels provides assistance with career relaunching. This can include some of the above tasks – and:
- Guidance on resolving sensitive or intricate art-related business relationships, including insights into leaving or changing galleries.
- Rethinking artwork prices.
- Gaining additional representation.
- Tweaking or reworking websites.